Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Three Cheers for Las Vegas!

I’m not adept enough to embed the video, but I can cut-and-paste. If you go to this link: http://www.mynews3.com/news.php you may be able to pull up the news story I saw this morning about an innovative way of collecting money for Las Vegas’ homeless. Looking very much like a parking meter, the brightly colored stations stand ready to accept change from passersby. According to the story, monies collected will be used to provide food, clothing and shelter to this city’s homeless. I intend to follow the development of this idea and report what becomes of it. Now that our office has moved to the burbs where there are no homeless littering the sidewalks and benches, I will have to be intentional about keeping up with the fate of those silent “friends” I passed each day on my walks downtown. I’m glad, however, to see that government has acknowledged a need and is doing something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment