Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday’s Rumination

It’s one of those days when I don’t seem to know what to write about. Just when I’m beginning to think that Incite really is just my own personal monologue, up pop two comments on yesterday’s post about how wonderful marriage can be. So, is that the direction I should be taking to stimulate a virtual dialogue? I’m tempted to cite the many factors and variables that can affect a marriage, but anyone who’s married already knows that. I’m tempted to offer my opinion that one’s worldview is the fundamental determinant of how any human relationships go, but then I’m getting all theological (philosophical with God mixed in) and that, for the most part, has not stirred reader reaction. I’ve written about my thoughts on love and justice (both of which are critical elements of a good marriage) without much response (I do want to know who you are that sometimes disagrees with me). I’ll admit that it’s primarily my ego at stake, but I have developed this lofty rationalization that our species may not have a lot more time left to figure out how we’re going to successfully live with one another as the geographic boundaries of our planet are made increasingly smaller by an ever-advancing technology. I feel like crying every time I see what’s going on in the Gulf of Mexico right now, partly because it emphasizes (in my mind, at least) the critical need for We the People to take our nation back—not just from the government but from the corporations that obviously own the government. So much to do. So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment