Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seven Days To Go

The carrot at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. For those who don’t quite comprehend this esoteric concept I will have to refer you to my sister who turned fifty-six yesterday. Kim has always had a unique worldview which is in touch with reality, but just barely. Seen through her eyes, everything takes on a peculiar twist including her belief that I’ve been a good brother. I’m not saying that I’ve been a bad brother, but I don’t recall anything about our growing up that would distinguish me from average. The primary reason for moving is to get the heck out of Las Vegas and be nearer to family. Mary’s folks are in eastern Nebraska, Mom and Kim and her family are in Billings, and Dad is in Littleton. Everyone will be within a day’s drive. The short sale we offered the Bank of America has not yet been declined. Rebecca is going to take the Hyundai to Flagstaff with her this weekend. The pieces are slowly but surely coming together. I’m looking forward to having all of the family nearby, even if it means that I’ll have to greet them from Walmart.

3 comments:

  1. Umm... are you perhaps missing a few family members from that list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti2:25 PM

    If it meant you'd be greeting me, I might actually shop at Waldemart. A little. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your case, I'm bucking for a John Deere riding mower that will put me just a yard's drive away.

    ReplyDelete