Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three Days To Go

I just returned from lunch with my girlfriends: Aracely, Liz and Rikki. These are the friendships I’m going to miss dearly after I retire. There’s a spirit of camaraderie among those of us in the trenches that is just not shared with those in the rarefied ranks of management and administration. Let me give you an example of what I’m talking about. I approached the assistant district attorney, the senior management analyst, and my unit administrator with a request that I might use them as references during the process of finding employment in Fort Collins. Here are the three responses I got (in the order received): “Most certainly, Mr. Hanna.” “I will have to review your most recent evaluation, look at your performance statistics and talk to your Supervisor. I will let [you] know.” “Okay.” Now, you can have some fun matching the response to the correct person. If you do it in the comments section, I will even tell you if you’re correct or not. Now that I think about it, I’m just going to give Aracely, Liz and Rikki as my references. Nobody knows a grunt better than another.

5 comments:

  1. assistant district attorney - “Okay.”

    senior management analyst - “I will have to review your most recent evaluation, look at your performance statistics and talk to your Supervisor. I will let [you] know.”

    unit administrator - “Most certainly, Mr. Hanna.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. assistant district attorney - “Most certainly, Mr. Hanna.”

    senior management analyst - “I will have to review your most recent evaluation, look at your performance statistics and talk to your Supervisor. I will let [you] know.”

    unit administrator - “Okay”

    I think we're all in agreement that there's no way the Senior Management Analyst isn't a douchbag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work,guys! Here's the skinny on who said what:

    unit administrator - “Okay”

    senior management analyst - “Most certainly, Mr. Hanna.”

    assistant district attorney -“I will have to review your most recent evaluation, look at your performance statistics and talk to your Supervisor. I will let [you] know.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I slandered the Senior Management Analyst.

    Also: Days 2 and 1 seem to be missing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Kathi said, "I'll let you know" (UA); Suzi said "Most certainly..." (senior management analyst who can't spell your name correctly) and the ADA gave you the most sterile and impersonal answer of all... did I win? what's the prize?

    ReplyDelete