Monday, August 16, 2010

Ten Days To Go

On the tenth day remaining until retirement I find myself immersed in the accumulation of problematic cases that I didn’t have time for before now. My attempts to enlist help to assist me in solving these problems isn’t turning out to be any more successful than the first time I asked. Those problems that I am unable to resolve by August 31 will become someone else’s, and so it goes. I have found it peculiar that my employer weighs all cases equally. Common sense tells you that this is absurd. But the draconian regime requiring minimum quotas (ask yourself, did it ever make you feel better to hear that law enforcement officers had a minimum number of traffic citations to issue per month?) will be something that my coworkers who remain will have to deal with. I’ve long thought that an iota of humility would do this organization a world of good, but the alpha mentality which claws its way to the top leaving no survivors may very well be incapable of such emotion. Oh, well! It’s soon not to be my problem anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment