Monday, August 02, 2010

A Little Less Complaining, Please

I’m learning that a conundrum associated with my disease is that, even though I don’t feel especially good at times, my numbers continue to be. In all fairness, then, I must follow-up my complaint with the report I received from my oncologist last Friday that my blood counts show my CML to be in remission. This is, of course, great news! It’s just that I’m left with no reason to, at times, feel like crap. So, I am committing myself to 18 days of perfect attendance at work until I retire on the 31st. As long as I can drive myself here and back, I will be physically present (although I can make no promises about my mental state). I am deeply grateful for the medical technology that is allowing me to live longer on borrowed time, and I will welcome whatever psychological innovation may come along which will help to reduce my complaining.

2 comments: