Monday, April 09, 2007

Do You Want to Know a Secret?

It must have been 1963 that Rob and I made a pact to be best friends forever. That commitment has weathered time and space. Rob recently sent Mary and me a DVD, The Secret, which we viewed together yesterday. The secret is: the law of attraction. I am impressed by the production, and as I called Rob to thank him he observed that it reveals profound spiritual truths without ever once mentioning religion. For as much of my life as I devoted to organized religion, I had to agree that the institution(s) has become more of an obstacle than an aid to spiritual growth and development. Sad to say, it is probably time to accept the language of science as being more informative than the language of religion and theology simply because the latter have become so corrupted by unexamined dogma and belief. Faith is bolstered by truth, and science’s objective, testable, quest for truth is speaking to today’s contemporary mind in meaningful ways that traditional religion no longer can. The age of metaphysics (my introduction was through Ernest Holmes’ Science of Mind) may well be at hand whereby the “Abba” of Jesus and the E=mc² of Einstein are understood to be speaking of the same thing: God!

No comments:

Post a Comment