Monday, April 16, 2007

Getting to Know You...Again

As I review the weekend past I am filled with a deep sense of gratification. From the moment Rachel was born Mary and I became parents for the rest of our lives, but as children grow into adults their parents are likewise challenged to develop a more mature perspective of parenthood. Last Saturday became a daylong conversation for Mary and me that encompassed the past, present, and future. As we draw nearer to the thirty-sixth anniversary of our marriage vows, I find my cup to be overflowing with the love that continues to grow one for the other. Mary is my best audience and my most discerning critic. She demands that I strive for clarity of thought and word that I would otherwise be content to leave hazy and out of focus. She spurs me on to genuine atonement, and I am convinced that it is our mutual recognition that we are one in the Spirit that draws us closer together with each passing day. Proceeding with my hope quest, I give thanks for Mary’s willingness to share her life with me because she makes seeing God in the face of another so real that it strengthens my conviction that someday I will truly find it everywhere I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment