Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I take some ribbing from my wife and daughters because my mom has never been reticent to inform any who will listen how precious I am. I cannot deny that Mom has held this regard for as long as I can remember and I suspect before. How do I begin to estimate or evaluate the profound affect her love has had, and continues to have, on me? To have been immersed in such love from the very beginning is my greatest blessing; something that the wisdom of age has made me keenly aware is not true for every child. More pronounced at some times than others, humankind cries out “what will ‘save’ us, redeem us from our myriad wrongdoings?" For us Americans, today offers the occasion to ponder the answer: motherhood. Our destiny is borne of our mothers; heaven and earth embrace every time a child is found precious in its mother’s eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment