Friday, May 02, 2008

Spur-of-the-moment Fables

“Hey Joey! wanna go throw rocks at a hornet’s nest?”
“It doesn’t seem like a very good idea.”
“Come on! What good are hornets anway?”
“I can’t think of anything. But it still doesn’t seem like a good idea to agitate them.”
“This nest is little and close to the ground. We can knock it out with a couple of easy hits. Then we’ll scram!”
“Hank, you go ahead and throw rocks at it. I’m not going to.”
“I’ll bet it was a wasp from this nest that stung your cousin.”
“That could be.”
“And he didn’t do anything. He was just standing there.”
“I know.”
“We’ll be doing everybody a favor by getting rid of it.”
“You know we’re just gonna make ’em mad and then we’ll get stung. Why would we go make trouble for ourselves?”
“You’re afraid, aren’t ya? That’s it! You’re yellow!”
“I’m not scared! I just don’t want to start trouble!”
“Wait until everybody hears that you’re afraid of hornets! What a sissy!”
“You’re crazy! I never said I was scared of hornets!”
“Little momma’s boy doesn’t want to get stung! Go on home and bake some cookies while I go show those little gnats who’s toughest!”
“Fine! But don’t come runnin’ to me trying to get away from ‘em!”
“I ain’t gonna be runnin’ from anything ‘cause the nest’s in our yard!”
“God! It’s hard being your brother!”

No comments:

Post a Comment