Monday, May 05, 2008

The Rockies Are Calling

Rachel and Steve safely arrived in Fort Collins yesterday with their worldly belongings in tow. The process has recalled the many moves our family made compliments of the United Methodist church. Rachel and I agree that she has chosen her career path more wisely than did I which hopefully will mean that she and Steve won’t have their lives disrupted every three years by episcopal edict. Both Rachel and Rebecca now reside in their native states, and this leads Mary and me to contemplate our exodus from Las Vegas. I am not the first to consider what affect contemporary mobility has on all sorts of things including family, but it is certainly necessary to take this phenomenon into account as one of the major influences upon what post-rural America is becoming. I thank our children for demonstrating that where we live is actually our choice, something this formerly dutiful pastor had almost forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment