Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday’s Thud

It’s my Friday, and I’ve had my fill of government. Through the pale of idiocy that has beset our society I can see the reason why some of the reasonable are wary of giving more and more control to the feds. The hundreds of millions of dollars that my agency pumps out of the pockets of irresponsible parents into the accounts of equally irresponsible parents do absolutely nothing to address the issue of irresponsible parenting. I’m sure that there are some custodial parents who use their monthly stipend to the benefit of their children, but that has to be the exception rather than the rule among a segment of our population that procreates without conscience. I’m beginning to understand that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else. With our kitsch definition of love, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m talking about something more than narcissistic infatuation. I’m talking about a reverence for the miracle of one’s own self that lays the foundation for reverently loving others. I’ve been at this circus long enough to watch some of the children who received support now having to pay it. Monkey see, monkey do is the grim analysis of what happens when human beings lack any sense of self worth to pass on to the next generation. It’s a good thing that it’s Thursday, because I can use the next three days off to renew, to refresh, to bask in the love of my wife and daughters, so that I’ll be somewhat better equipped to come back next Monday to deal with the tragedy of worthlessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment