Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon

Now closer to sixty than fifty-nine affects my worldview; I am well past the midpoint. My thoughts have always gravitated toward the eternal, but the attempt to understand my relationship to it becomes daily more significant. A recent journal entry: do we die from the outside in or the inside out? The seeming human rejection of the reality of death prevents us from pondering such questions, and I can’t help but wonder if that does not somehow influence the quality of the inevitable experience. There is not a human alive that is not going to die, and yet we allow our beliefs to construct absolutisms that subvert any attempt to objectively and rationally examine our destiny. Perhaps this is why killing comes so easily to some. To ignore the miracle of life is to demean the reality of death. Watch the World Clock tick away and just try to find any meaning in it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment