Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Rebecca!

It doesn’t seem possible that twenty-one years have already slipped by since Rebecca made her entrance into this world. That was in Flagstaff, Arizona, and Becca (as she prefers) has come full circle by returning to her hometown last summer. I’m unashamedly proud of the woman she has become, thoughtful, caring, and determined. It isn’t meant as an insult to say that she’s inherited more than a little of her old man’s fascination with the philosophical, a pursuit which I suspect she will take farther than I ever have. Rebecca is an excellent example of the hope inspired by a generation that hasn’t yet given up on its dreams in the way that I fear ours has. She magnificently survived an adolescence that I doubt I would have, and now she’s today’s brave new woman out to make the world a better place for all of us. I have told her on many occasions what I now make known to all: Rebecca, I’m blessed to be your father!

No comments:

Post a Comment