Thursday, January 31, 2008

Couldn’t Say It Better Myself

Hair of the Dog by Michael Kinsley

Much to Mary’s consternation, I’ve pretty well decided that if and when the government ever coughs up my $600 “rebate”, I’m going to give the whole thing, lock-stock-and-barrel, to the Salvation Army. I can’t think of any other action that would be more contrary to the sick mentality of our politicians than to give the money to the poor rather than buying something new for myself. I’m related to the Kinsley’s on Mom’s side, and this may explain why I so wholly agree with Michael’s thoughts.

On another note, I can identify on a miniscule scale with how John Edwards must be feeling today. I know what it’s like to answer the noble call to fight injustice in all its various forms, and I know what it’s like to not be able to get others on board with that cause. Edwards would be a perfectly fine president, but such is for naught if he can’t convince the majority to feel the same way. I was a perfectly fine pastor, but without the support of parishioners that became a moot point. It may well be sour grapes on my part, but I still think that the majority needs to seriously rethink what it endorses and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment