Thursday, January 10, 2008

If It Ain’t Broken…

I repeat: no one is more blessed than I. This includes a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters who love and support me. This is exemplified in yesterday’s comments from Rachel who, through her constructive (and flattering) criticism compassionately said, “Dad, get over yourself.” That’s a message I needed to hear. I have been challenged by insecurity for as long as I can remember, and it causes me to do things like “crave commentary”. Rachel correctly points out that this is not the nature of blogging and that it’s really a misuse of the format. So, ten days into the New Year I shall repent of my short-lived contrivance to manipulate people into commenting on my blogs and return to my lunch-hour ruminations. If there are those who find some value in what I have to say, fine and well. If there are not, I still have the privilege and satisfaction of using my mandatory midday break to do what I like best: word process my thoughts. Early on I realized that the purpose of my life is to share the reality of my life in and of God; to, in a manner of speaking, witness to the gospel. There really isn’t anything more important for me to do, considering how it blesses me day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment