Monday, January 14, 2008

It's Time!

This Saturday I’m going to caucus for Barak Obama. I’m none too happy with Nevada’s characteristically backwards closed policy that will require me to register as a Democrat just long enough to participate—I’ll be returning to my preferred independent status just as soon afterwards as I can. I do not believe that the fascist Bush administration has served this country well, nor has it done anything but besmirch this great nation’s reputation in most of the world. I admire Obama’s candid honesty and hope that it can survive with integrity the remaining months until he is elected our president. Working for his election is the only positive way I can think of to counter my cynical belief that this country lost its democracy when Bush was appointed to office in 2001 and of allaying my fear that the neo-cons have actually taken over our government without spilling a drop of blood (at least their own). I believe that there is a new day ahead for America, and it can’t come a minute too soon.

P.S. Mary has a new post at her blog, Rant, which is well worth the time it will take to link with it from my home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment