Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let’s Begin Now!

I’m unintentionally observing Thanksgiving early this year. As each day brings us closer to November 4, I am profoundly grateful that the democracy which undergirds this great Republic of ours appears to be working. I haven’t been able to completely shed my lingering fear of some autocratic takeover of our government, but knowing that I and millions of others are still free to cast our ballot for Barack Obama encourages me. We will only know for sure on November 5, but the present indications of a swelling grassroots movement in our country inspires a kind of genuine hope that has been noticeably absent for almost a quarter century now. It is encouraging to witness the failure of the neo-cons dirty little tricks this time around even as I watch McCain embrace the tactics that were used against him in 2000. There is no question that those of us who seek fundamental change in the direction this country is headed cannot let up until the last polling place in America closes its doors. Evil has deeply rooted itself in the American political psyche and is not going to give up without a fight, but we do have before us the opportunity to prove that stronger than wrong is the right!

1 comment:

  1. If you need more reason to question the GOP...

    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/23638322/block_the_vote

    ReplyDelete