Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday’s Lunch

It’s not really writer’s block but a sporadic lucidity that occasionally informs me that I actually have nothing to say. I support Barack Obama. That’s not going to change the mind of someone who doesn’t. My faith is in God. That’s not going to change the mind of someone whose isn’t. I’m certain that being fully human involves a moral imperative. That’s not going to change the mind of someone who isn’t. I’m not really convinced that the goal in life is to change someone else’s mind, but that’s not going to change the mind of someone who is. I wonder why I’m here. That doesn’t mean that anyone else does, or if they do that they’ll arrive at the same answers as I. I ponder, and I am grateful for the opportunity to process the words that come from wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment