Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday’s Lunch

Here I am again, well-fed, secure and safe in the cubicle my employment affords me, taking the latter half of my lunch hour to try to think of something meaningful to say. God is good. Amen.

I’ve pretty well narrowed it down to one question for my Creator. Why me? How do I explain my good fortune when so many of my species suffer hunger, violence, and injustice?

I am blessed by the love of my wife, my daughters, my family and my friends. How do I explain my good fortune when so many of my species know little more than anger and hatred?

I suspect God will remain silent, not because the answer to my question is not known, but because there is no replacement for genuine gratitude. I may never know why I am so blessed, but my thanksgiving to God shall be made manifest through my attention to those not as fortunate as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment