Monday, July 07, 2008

Best of Spring 2008

I’m finally beginning to understand that the reason one has children is so that there will be someone to take you by the hand and walk you through a world that has leapfrogged your ability to comprehend. Once again Rachel has come to my rescue by restoring access to Flickr (the Best of Spring 2008 can now be accessed at my photos link) after it was apparently taken over by Yahoo. I have little kind to say about Yahoo since it embedded itself in our PC in such a way that all efforts to extricate have failed. So, maybe if I say something nice about Flickr’s improvements (the most noticeable to me being the ability to upload more than six photos at a time) Yahoo will reciprocate by never showing its ugly Instant Messaging sign-on again…ever! The plot thickens even as I write this, because now I need to explain that in a desperate attempt to make the web cam that the Schmitz’s gave me for Christmas work, I intentionally invited the Yahoo “germ” into our computer—not knowing that it would be there forever. Anyway, my thanks to Rachel, the Schmitz family, Yahoo, and anyone else that contributed to this announcement that there are some homey family pictures to gaze at when you tire of reading this…

No comments:

Post a Comment