Thursday, July 31, 2008

Time’s a Wastin’!

Man! Am I ever ready for vacation! When a male non-custodial parent has children by more than one woman, the case identifier has an alpha suffix; A, B, C, etc. I just finished assessing an H case! There ought to be a law, but come to think of it, there are more laws already than anyone knows what to do with. There is no legislating morality, no matter how hard you try. Many of us delude ourselves by thinking that this is of no consequence unless it directly affects one of our family members, but nothing could be further from the truth. These little bastards (and I use the term with sympathetic affection) are showing up in our schools and communities by the thousands, and I daresay are significantly contributing to the criminal element that is filling our jails and penitentiaries (remember that the United States has more persons incarcerated than any other industrialized country). It has been interesting to watch Bill Cosby and Barack Obama, among others, being criticized for challenging our society to responsible fatherhood. I know what Mary’s solution to the problem is, but you’ve got to get the guys to hold still long enough to pull a Jesse Jackson on them. Right now, the only thing important to me is six o’clock when I’ll embark upon a giant three-state reunion with loved ones. Hopefully the R&R will prepare me for returning to John Doe’s “I”.

No comments:

Post a Comment