Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fugedabowdit

Yesterday, MoveOn invited me to join “McCain Watch”. I guess the idea is to circle vulture-like around the presumptive Republican nominee for President waiting for some sort of gaffe that can be used against him. I have no doubt that conservatives are being invited to similar scavenging of Obama. My personal choice, of course, is Obama, but I respect the sincerity of John McCain when he states that he does not want to stoop to that kind of campaigning. Both Obama and McCain have indicated their intention to take the high road, and I believe them. This does not mean, however, that their supporters have the same noble ideals. Both Obama and McCain have signaled that it is time for significant change in American politics, and I agree. But genuine change is going to require just as much reform among the electorate as it does of the candidates. While I understand the arguments pro and con, I personally encourage Obama and McCain to appear together as often as possible to openly debate their respective points of view. The ideal would be a forum free of moderators and pundits. Both Senators are well acquainted with civil proceedings and will handle themselves just fine, thank you, without the corporate media interjecting its biased spin. C-SPAN would be perfect. So, for me, I could care less about what’s wrong with McCain. Between now and November I am going to focus on what’s right with Obama and place my faith in the presumption that the best man will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment